The term Vastu is a Sanskrit word which means “Bhu” or the Earth and is the underlying stratum of existence.As per a Vedic Hymn “Vastu reva Vastu”, all material forms of the Universe are all energies.Vaasthu sastra states that every energy has life and nothing in universe is left out without any vibration.Every material in the Universe radiates some energy at its own specific frequencies. This energy may be positive or negative. Positive energy is beneficial and negative is harmful. Vastu shastra aims at maximising the generation and accumulation of positive energy around the humans and minimise the negative energy.
Vasthu Shastram are not exclusively Hindu. Their origins precede what is known as Hinduism. The Shastras have been used for thousands of years to build all kinds of structures including temples for Jains, Hindus, Buddhists, Mosques, churches, pyramids all over the world,bridges, roads, big houses, little houses, apartments, medical clinics, palaces, huts, forts, and just about any form that requires engineering, architecture, or sculpture. Traditional dance, music, and poetry stem from the same tradition and use the same mathematics to create vibrant forms.
When To use Vastu Sastram
Choosing a Vasthu friendly house is vital so that the occupants can enjoy health, wealth, peace, bliss and happiness.VASTHU Sastra can be observed by anyone.The best time to practice it is when purchasing, designing, renovating, leasing or building a property. If a dweller is already facing problems, benefits could be noticed almost immediately if the placement of things are followed close to 100%.Otherwise, one can see or experience the benefits of Vasthu Sastra within several days or weeks. Some have enjoyed changes immediately or within 24 hours.It all depends on the degree on e wants to observe Vasthu Sastra recommendations. If a dweller observes it strictly, he or she should experience positive result within hours.It is also encouraged that if a dweller is following Vasthu Sastra rules in a house, the same should also be observed in the work place so that the energies in both the structures are in tune with the individual.Vasthu Sastra principles are based on energy flow and the distribution of elements; these factors are uniform throughout the world.
There are many principles in Vaastu Shastra. To mention a few which involve certain mathematical calculations, Maana is used for proportional relationships in a building and Aayaadi specifies conditions for maximum well being and benefits for the residents of a building. Below are some of the basic theories in vaastu sastra.Five elements According to vastu sastra, the world comprises five basic elements known as the pancha maha bhoota. Out of the eight planets, ours has life because of the presence and balance of these five elements. The five elements are as follows.
EARTH (Bhumi) – Earth, the third planet in order from the sun, is a big magnet with North and South poles as centers of attractions. Its magnetic field and gravitational force has considerable effects on everything on the Earth, living and non-living.
WATER (Jala) – This is represented by rain, river, sea and is in the form of liquid, solid (ice) and gas (steam, cloud). It forms part of every plant and animal. Our blood is mostly water.
AIR (Vayu) – As a life supporting element, air is a very powerful life source. Human physical comfort values are directly and sensitively dependent on correct humidity, air flow, temperature of air, air pressure, air composition and its content.
FIRE (Agni) – Represents light and heat which account for day, night, the seasons, energy, enthusiasm, passion and vigour.
SPACE (Akasha) – The Akasha provides shelter to all the above elements. It is also considered the primary conductor of all energy sources within the universal context – physical energies such as sound and light, social energies such as psychological and emotional, and cognitive energies such as intellect and intuition.
Some Vasthu Sastra tips
1. Number of doors should be even numbers.
2. Number of windows should be even numbers.
3. Number of pillars should be even numbers.
4. Number of steps should be odd numbers.
5. Toilet seat facing either south or north
6. No windows at south-west corner.
7. Vacant spaces on the eastern and northern sides should be more than the other sectors.
8. Well, water tank, pond, swimming pool and fountain should be at north-east corner.
9. Septic tank or drainage outlet should be either in the south-east or north –west.
10. If kitchen is located in south –east, face towards east while cooking.
11. If kitchen is located in north-west, face towards north while cooking.
12. Start the construction of the house from the north-east and proceed clockwise.
13. Store all building materials in the south-west of the plot.
14. Master bedroom (south-west) flooring should be one to six inches higher compared to the flooring of other rooms.
15. No attic in north and east main walls.
16. The construction workers’ cabin should be located in the north-west.
17. Shape of the building should be either square or rectangular.
18. Staircase should turn clockwise.
19. Rainwater from the roof should flow either on the northern side or eastern side.